Places To Visit


Stone Bridge is buill on the Seyhan river. It was built by Roman Emperor Harianus during IV.Century (385). For centruies it has been a important bridge in passage between Europe and Asia. With some additions Harun Raşid (766-809) incorporated the  bridge with the Adana Castle. During the XI.century 7th Abbasid Khalifa Memun (786-833) renovated the bridge. Ahmet the Third (1713), Kel Hasan Basha (1847) and Adana Mayor Ziya Basha ordered repairs on the bridge in different periods. 3 inscriptions of the bridge can be found. Last repair was done in 1947. The bridge is 137 meters in length 13 meters in height. Out of the original 21 belts only 14 is standing. It is known to be the oldest bridge know to man. It is within 3.7 km vicinity of Governorship of Adana. It Adana city center bus and minibuses can be used to visit this historic building.  


Ulu mosque is settled in the  middle of the neighborhood in its name, at the same time its historic construction carries a deep importance. Obtaining Seljuk, Mamluk and Ottoman period architectural characteristics Ulu Mosque has 3 different instcriptions proving that the  construction first began in 1513 by Ramazanoğlu Halil Bey and finished by 1541 Halil Bey’s son Piri Mehmet Basha. Main buildings West side entrance is different in style from Halil Bey’s period, due to this reason a later periods style and properties can be seen. The entrance  doors stepped pointing structure is a charecteristic of Seljuk architecture, being a small chiftain during XVI. Century Ramazanoğlu (sons of Ramadan) the building was first made to be a small masjid. With later years the chieftain growth to accomadate  needs the todays main bulding was enlarged. Adana city center bus and minibuses can be used to visit this historic building.


This clock tower is on the Ali Munif Street. It’s construction and order began at 1881 by Adana Mayor Ziya Basha. In 1882 its construction was finished by mayor Abidin Basha. The tower was made by cut stone masonry. Its height is 35 meters with a square shape and is said to be with a foundation depth of 35 meters. During the ottoman are many clock towers were built, the Grand Clock Tower of Adana is the biggest  one among these. It is within the Adana city center and bus and  minibuses can be used to visit this historic monument.



It is the biggest mosque of the Middle East. It is settled at the  South of the central park and at the West bank of the Seyhan River, ıt was opened to prayer in 1998. Mosaques project architect is Necip Dinç. Consturucted to a 6600 m2 area with 9 elephant foot design foundation,  mosque can accommodate 28000 people. Made in the classical Ottaman architecture style external desing of the mosque has a resemblance to Sultan Ahmet Mosque in İstanbul and internal desing has resemblance to Selimiye Mosque. It is compriset of 4 half domes, 5 domes and 6 minarets. This means to signifty the 4 khalifa’s and main sects, İslam’s 5 pillars, at 6 dues of faith. Being east of the city center travelling to the mosque is very easy.


Oil Mosque located in the old town of Adana at Alimunif Street. The mosque was built in 1501 on the ruins of the church by Ramazanoğlu Halil Bey and named originally Eski Camii (Old Mosque ). (2) Later, his son Piri Mehmet Paşa has built its minaret in 1525 and its madrasah in 1558. (3) The mosque later became known as Yağ Camii due to the oil bazaar that was just next to




Ramazanoğlu Hall was made by Ramazanoğlu Halil Bey in 1495. It is comprised of a reception area dealing with the state affairs and a residential area which are still standing. Also on the top floor a terrace with a pool is still standing. It is within the vicinity of the Ulu Mosque.





This is an Italian Katholic church made in Tepebağ during 1880’s in the name of St. Paul. On top of the church a 2,5m bronze statue stands. Due to this statue looking like a baby gave the name “Baby Church”. Due to the church being at the city center almost all mass transportation vehcles can take you to this church.